Friday, May 21, 2010

I'm back.

A lot has happened to our familiy scince I last posted. We met my parents in Florida and spent five days at Disney World. It was a blast. Carson asked if we could go to Mickey's house for several months after we got back. Then of course Christmas. I did put pictures up of that. This is the second Christmas we have spent away from family. It is relaxing but sad at the same time. We had dinner with friends and the kids enjoyed there gifts. We had three birthdays in early spring. Austin turned eight and was baptized. My parents, sister and nephews came for the special event. We went to the Georgia Aquarium while they were here and just enjoyed seeing each other and seeing how big the kids have gotten. Carson turned three and for his birthday we were in Chattanooga with Mark's parents. We went to Ruby falls and to Rock city. We also enjoyed an little train ride. We also celebrated Easter up there. Marks mom would hide the empty easter eggs and then the kids would look for them and not even care that nothing was inside them it was just the thrill of the hunt. I think my kids could have entertained themselves for hours like that. Preston turned five and we just stayed at home and celebrated with friends. Thanks to everyone whosent presents for the boys it was special for them to get gifts in the mail. Kylee had to have braces put back on. This time it is top and bottom. Her bottom jaw is under developed and we will be going to the orthodontist for the next few years trying to get that taken carre of. She is going to need some skin grafts for her gums because they rub funny on her bottom lip and we are hoping the herbst appliance will take care of the jaw so surgery is not required. I also finally got Carson potty trained. I was worried it would take forever but with a little help from Mark we did it over a weekend. The trick was to let him pee in the bushes.
School went well this year. I can hardly believe it is time for summer but it is. Kylee graduated from fifth grade and I am finding it hard to come to terms with the fact that she will be in middle school. She has grown so fast and I miss all of the little things, but I know that many new and exciting things are on there way. She was on the honor roll for all four semesters and three of those four she had straight A's. Her math grade dropped a little so she had a B(89.7%) in the thrid semester but she brought it back up to an A for the end of the school year. We are very proud of all the acomplishments she has achieved. Austin was straight A's all four semesters and his teacher said he was very nice and quiet at school. I want to know if there is a magic dust that makes kids behave at school because the minute they get home they are crazy. Austin also recieved the Citizen award for his class. Preston finished Pre-K. We were worried for the first little while that we might have a drop out but he toughed it out and really enjoyed it. Carson is just happy to have his sibblings home for the summer. Now it is not just boring old mom. I think that about catches you up to date. We are planning a Utah trip at the end of June first of July time period. Then I am trying to talk Mark into letting Kylee and I go to Washington to friends. Preston is having his tonsils out in July also so we will be busy. I will post all the pictures in a slide show so you can enjoy.

No comments: