Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Santa Claus

We had our church christmas party on Saturday night. The reason I call it church instead of ward is becasue it is three wards combined. I really miss the big wards in Utah. Even New Mexico had larger wards. We havve to combine in order to have enough people to do anything. It really isn't that bad. Anyway back to christmas party. It was a lot of fun. We ate dinner and then we sang some christmas songs as a group. Then Santa came. This was the funniest part. I hope no kids are reading this. Santa was our friend from down the road. My friend has four girls. Her second to youngest is Preston's age so she is three. She was so funny. I would ask her if she wanted to sit on Santa's lap and after looking at him for a few minutes she would say to me "That's not Santa that's my dad." I keep trying to convince her that it was santa but in the end she never believed me.
Well my kids all sat on his lap. Carson cried, and Preston hid his face, but the other two know who it was so they did just fine. I even got Mark to sit on Santa's lap. He told him he wanted a new wife for christmas.





We finally got our tree all the way up. I bought a tree topper last night. It has been extremely warm here so it doesn't even fell like it should be Christmas. We did get a cold spell last week and it was cold enough that we got a little ice or snow fall I am not sure what it was. I took picture's. It is also cold today but later this week it is suppose to warm back up to about 80 degree's. It is really hard to get into the christmas spirit when you are wearing short sleeve shirts and capri pant's. My kids also keep asking when it is going to snow. Preston thinks Santa only comes when it snow's. He is going to be really suprised when he realize's that this is not true and he is wearing short's on christmas day. O well I guess that is how life goes. Eventually we will get back to snow. It will just take a couple of more years. In the mean time my family and friends who are in Utah had better enjoy and take some picture's of your white christmas for me.



We also recieved christmas presents' from my family this week. After I took the presents out of the box and put them under the tree Austin climbed in the box and wanted to be mailed to Utah to see Grandpa and Grandma. After he got out then all the kids wanted to go. The only one who was not quite sure about hte box once he got in was Carson.




That is really all that has gone on this week. We are getting ready for our first Christmas break without family. We have always seen family around this time of year but this year we saw everyone earlier. I am going to miss everyone but I am excited that we have friends who will be staying here also and we are planning on having christmas time fun with them.

2 comments:

Nephi Library said...

Thanks sarah for posting. I can enjoy your Christmas through your blog. I miss you and kids so much.

Mom

Mangelson's said...

That is funny. My girls knew that the Santa at our ward party wasn't the "real" santa either. I told them he was Santa's helper.