Monday, January 12, 2009

Christmas

Sorry it has been awhile. I will just summarize our Christmas so this blog won't be extremely long. I alos won't be posting pictures. Sorry. I was so excitied on christmas morning I forgot to take pictures. We did video the whole thing so we do have some memories of it.
Christmas was good. We stayed home the whole day. I really missed my family but I am glad we stayed home. It saved us a ton of money and it was kinda nice staying around the house.
For christmas we tried not to spoil our kids. I have a frien who lives in Tucson who has three girls. On christmas they each get three gifts because that is what Jesus recieved at his birth. We did go over three gifts but it did get me thinking that I had gotten side tracked over the last few years on what christmas is really about. So next year it will be three gifts per kid.
Kylee got a new radio, a vase, and a clock to go in her room. The rest of her gifts were books and some new clothes.
Austin got a real bow, a vacuum, some drawing things and some books. Now I know you are all wondering why Austin got a vacuum. THat is all the kid has wanted scince we went to my parents house and they had a little vacuum. He loves it and is always vacuuming the floors upstairs.
Preston got a Wii Deigo game, a animal safari tree house, a game and some books.
Poor Carson only got one present. He got a bounce and spin interactive pony. He likes it a lot. He also got a book.
I would like to thank both my family and Mark's family for the wonderful gifts. THe kids enjoyed all of them. I want to thank my grandma for thinking about us also.
We had some friends come over for dinner we also had both sets of missionaries over. Nobody was feeding them dinner and I am sorry but you can't eat fast food for Christmas dinner.
Well that just about sums up our christmas it was a little longer than I thought.
I hope everyone enjoyed.

3 comments:

Mangelson's said...

It sounds like you guys had a nice Christmas. I hope everything is going well.

angie said...

thanks for the comment on my birthday. It will be sad to put the 20's to rest! :)
sounds like you had a great christmas. I like the 3 gift idea as well.

Jamie said...

I think the 3 gift idea is really good! In Martin's family, "Father Christmas" only brings one gift for each kid. Everything else is from mom and dad and other family members. I think that's how we're going to do it, because then the kids understand a little bit more that Christmas isn't free and they show appreciation for the right people. But I don't have to decide until next year!