Monday, November 9, 2009

Birthday, Pumpkin Patch, Split eyebrow and Decorations

A few weeks ago we had a wild and crazy day. The little girl up the road turned three and we went to her party. It was a lot of fun. She had a jumping princess castle and the back yard had princess pictures every where. They even had real ponies. The kids had so much fun. They ended up with so much food that they invited us back for dinner. After we helped clean up Preston had a bowling party to go to. So Mark took Preston and Austin to the bowling party and my friend and I decided to go to what is the best pumpkin patch in Columbus area. I thought it was going to be the kind of pumpkin patch that you go out in the field and pick your pumpkin. That was not the case. The pumpkins were already picked. All you do is walk around and pick what pumpkin you want.
I found an awesome one. Picked it up and the price was twenty dollars. For a pumpkin. Are you kidding me?



In the end we did end up with four small pumpkins, and two corn stalks.
There was a little hay ride that started and ended at a really cool spider.



After we were done with the Pumpkin Patch we went back to our friends to help eat the left overs. After we got done eating we were sitting on thier couches talking and of course my boys are being wild and crazy. One thing leads to another and Preston and Carson run towards Mark. Preston pushes Carson and he fell and hit his head in the one spot on their couches that was not padded. I picked him up and rolled him over and sure enough he had busted his eyebrow. My friend and her husband are asking if we need to take him to the ER. If any of you have spent endless hours at the ER you know the answer to this question is NO. I had some of the glue they use instead of stitches so I run home and grab it and we just glued the sucker shut.


It has healed really good. We had to cut his eyebrow to get the glue out but because his eybrows are so blonde you can't tell he is missing one.
The next morning we decorated for halloween. I tied the cornstalks to my pillars out front. My friend got me two hay bails from her dad, and Mark made me a scarecrow. I thought it was pretty darn cute. We took three of the small pumpkins we had gotten from the pumpkin patch and made them into bats. I got this idea out of the family fun magazine.


2 comments:

B+B said...

WOW poor little guy! And using glue....very creative! Hope it heals up. All your kids are looking so much bigger. We miss you but glad to see you are having so much fun! Did they make your Primary Pres. yet? J/K!

Mangelson's said...

Sarah Wow, you are amazing. I would have freaked out and gone to the ER!!