Monday, November 9, 2009

Halloween

I have been listening to the soundtrack to the broadway show Wicked. I love it. So I get this grand idea to have everone dress up like a character from the movie Wizard of Oz. Kylee said she would be the witch so great thats one down. Austin wants to be a scarecrow . Great two down. Carson wants to be a lion. Yes three down. I figured I would be Dorothy and Mark could be the wizard of oz. Now for Preston. We told him he was going to be a tin man for halloween. He did not want to be that he wanted to be a police man, as he calls it, I was having none of that. We were dressing up as the Wizard of Oz, people. Preston is only four surely I will win this battle. NOT. In the end Kylee was a witch but a sparkle witch. Austin was a cute scarecrow. Carson made the perfect lion. Preston, well he did make a pretty cute cop.




On Halloween night we had a neighborhood had ride it was a blast. We loaded the kids up on the trailer, which was covered with bales of hay, and then we drove them to the neighborhood down the road. They got to go to quite a few houses before it started to rain. Mark abandoned me to go get the pizzas for the party after wards so my friend helped me with my kids. Actually it was just with Carson because he was to cute to stay away from. I am not sure what is up with Austin's hand signal.


One of the families got a guy from work to come and take pictures of the kids while trick or treating. He did a great job there is one picture of Carson. He is standing by a scarecrow and if you look at his face he is growling.

After we were done in the neighborhood down the street we came back to our neighborhood and had a party. We had pizza. The kids bobbed for apples and played pin the tail on the black cat. We bought down the fire pit and the kids roasted marshmellows and had smores. We did forget to light our pumpkins until we were done for the night so we lite the once so the kids could see them.



2 comments:

B+B said...

Very cute! I love all your costumes. Looks like you all had a great Halloween! Oh, did you change your hair? It looks cute!

Hooper's said...

What cute kids you have! As I always say.. I MISS YOU GUYS SO MUCH! I wish I were there or you were here.