Friday, September 11, 2009

Summer

Well I know this is kind of back peddeling but I wanted to update everyone on our summer. This summer a lot of fun things happened. First we spent many great days with great friends at Sea World seeing the animals and enjoying the cool and refreshing water park. Next we got to go spend a weekend with the same great friends at the beach down in Corpus Cristi. We had a blast. We sunscreened the kids really good but most of the Adults got really toasted. The Sunday we were there we decided not to swim and to take a ride out to Mustang Island. At Mustang Island there are two levys (not sure if I spelled that right) they are far enough apart that you can play in this area but close enough together that the under current is horrible. We were all walking on the beach when I turned around and saw Mark running into the water clothes on and all. My first instict is that one of my kids have gotten pulled out so I did a quick head count and realized it was someone elses child. The mom was swimming out to get the little boy but you could tell she was getting tired so my husband went out and helped this lady and her little boy get out of the water. It was kinda scary. I always knew my husband was a hero. Our friend now calls Mark a god and says he is not worthy to be in his presence.
Our next big journey was our trip to Utah where my baby brother got marrried. We were really excited to be able to join them for this occasion. Had they decided to wait another few months we would not have all been able to come. We really love his wife she was already a part of the family but now they made it official so I guess we are stuck with her. J/K Amanda you know we love you. The kids had a blast in Utah we pulled the trailer out to Burston's pond and camped one night. Then my dad came out and cooked in the dutch oven which is always a must when we are there. We roasted marshmallows at my parents house in there fire pit. The kids had a blast playing with the cousins. We also went boating. My brother-in-law- took his families boat out to Yuba. He hooked up the tube and pulled the kids around and then it was the Adults turn. The knee board was a blast. It took several attempts from me before I finally got up but in the end I did it. I was so pround of myself and my arms were sore the next day.
After we got back from Utah we had to say goodbye to some friends who move to Washington. We knew it was coming so I thought I was prepared but as they pulled away I lost it. I had another friend at the house so we cried together knowing we would have to do it all ove again in two weeks when I left. Kylee had a hard time also my friend had two girls that Kylee spent a lot of time with.
I then celebrated my birthday. I turned the big 30. It was not bad. I thought it would be hard but it was just another day. I was probably to busy to worry about it.
Next came our move. The packers came and packed the house. They had it scheduled for a three day back but they were done in one and a half. We had to spend a weekend with all of our stuff packed up. It is really hard to explain to a two year old why he can't have his things. The loaders came and loaded us up eveything went smooth. Then we had to clean the house. The housing office is suppose to be really picky so we cleaned into the wee hours. Mark ended up staying longer then the kids and I he didn't get back to the hotel until two in the morning. Then he went back for the inspection the next moring at eight. They didn't look at anything. They walked in said it looked good and walked out. THe one lady was scared of basements so they didn't even go down in the basement. When Mark told me that I was mad that we had wasted all that time but what are you going to do? Next came the leaving part. drove over to afriends house to get the loading of the vehicles right and then we had to say goodbye. It was really difficult again. I cried while I was driving. What am I talking about I still cry when I here certain songs I had great friends in Texas and I know they will always be my friends.
That puts us to Georgia. We are loving it here in the house and the kids already have made some awesome friends. The little kids line up at the end of the culdesac. One rings our doorbell and when we answer they yell can the kids play. It is really cute. Up the road lives a family that have two older boys. One is in middle school and one is in Highschool. Thes boys love Preston. They think he is th coolest thing. He will do anything they try and they think that is cool. They have a bike ramp that all the kids jump. I had taken Preston't bike away from him because he wouldn't get on the school bus. Well Preston didn't need a bike he would run up it and then jump off and do some little trick in the air. I wish I would have gotten a picture.
We have met some really nice families that live in our neigborhood. They are all really nice and have been good friends. They came over to help us celebrate Kylee's birthday. We were just having cake and ice cream. I told them not to bring presents but every family showed up with one.
Mark and I built a fence that will hold in the kids. It was quite a project but it was a lot of fun. Mark and I work good together. I don't think we got in any fights. We had several people come out and give us a quote on building it and in the end we did it for half what they had quoted. Georgia doesn't get terribly hot but the humidity will kill you. We drank several containers of water and Mark ruined several T-shirts friom sweating. I was hoping I would lose weight but that didn't happen.
We love our house and once I get it put all together like I want it I will post some pictures. For now enjoy the slide show above. It has the pictures that go along with this blog.

3 comments:

angie said...

Thanks for the update! Sounds like everyone is adjusting well. Miss ya!

Hooper's said...

Oh! That slide show made me miss you guys so much!! It is about time that you updated. Hopefully we will be able to come and see you in March. I am saving my pennies. Love you lots!

Mangelson's said...

What a fun summer. Sorry we missed seeing you when you were here. Maybe next time.