Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Georgia Fun

This past few weeks have been a busy one. When we had the house built we had a long hall way that went from the garage to the powder room. We had them add a bench with storage under it. When we moved in the space still seemed empty so I made Mark get to work a couple of weekends ago. He built some awesome shelves to go above it. I think he did a really good job, don't you?




I also had to do something that I have a really hard time doing which was let Mark have Carsons hair cut. I think he has perfect beach hair so I have kept it shaggy. Preston decided Carson needed a hair cut so he found some scissors and cut some off the top. Mark had to take him in to get it fixed. Here are some before and after pics.


This month I also decided I would start sewing. I ordered a bunch of fabric from fabric.com. I am planning on making a picnic blanket but I decided to make a apron first.



This was suppose to be for the little girl up the road. Her birthday is this weekend but I found her the cutest little tutu and barett in the Georgia colors at the Cotton pickin fair in Gay, Georgia. So I gave this to Kylee. She loves it. I got the pattern from a blog a friend sent me. It has a little chefs hat to go with it but Kylee just wanted the apron. Now all the boys want me to make them one. I am going to do theirs in Camo. I think it turned out really good considering it is the first thing I have sewn scince Kylee was about two. This just about covers the little projects that are going on in our house for now. Next month Mark is planning on building up the area where the swing set is going to go, so I will make sure I post pictures of him working hard. He is really checking off that Honey do list.

5 comments:

B+B said...

Wow, I love your sewing job. It looks great! I also love your hallway. It looks so nice and it seems each kid has there own space. Glad to see you all are doing well. Miss you!

angie said...

Those aprons are so fun! I need to sew a few more soon. They make great birthday presents!

cornter said...

You are on a roll - love the great job on the shelves very pro do you hire out? I could use one of those. and your apron looks fantastic - and I love nice cuts on boys - he looks so handsome! hope you are all well and having fun.

Mangelson's said...

Sarah, that apron turned out great!!

Hooper's said...

I need more pictures of the kids! I miss them so much! I am going to come out in April for sure. I am saving my pennies!